Monday, August 27, 2012

They're leaving on a jet plane...

....without me.  Marc is taking the kids on their first airplane ride to his brother's wedding in San Francisco this week.  I'm excited for them - they are going to have a great time!  But, I am sad that I won't be there with them for this big adventure.  And I'm sad that I won't see them for FOUR DAYS.  I have made some plans to fill the time, and I am sure I will have fun with my goofiest girlfriend, Michelle.  But, this sucks.  I guess it's one of the divorce realities that I just can't get my head around....missing firsts with my kids. 

My kids want to talk about their excitement about the big weekend....so I try really hard to just stuff my sadness and be excited with them.  I guess today it was just too much.  I've been dreading this coming weekend for months...and the closer it gets, the more awful it feels. 

No comments: